Michael K. Simmons Memorial Scholarship
North Alabama Chapter of the Public Relations Council of Alabama
Goal: To assist a student in earning an undergraduate degree in communications-related field of study
Award: A $2,000 tuition scholarship
Eligibility: Any NAPRCA student member attending a college or university in North Alabama pursuing an undergraduate degree in public relations or public relations-related fields of study such as public communications, marketing, mass communications, or journalism who meets the eligibility requirements.
Not currently a NAPRCA student member? Apply today!
- Student must have completed at least one semester of coursework and be enrolled in the Fall 2018 and/or Spring 2019 semesters.
- Student must be enrolled in a communications-related field of study (see above).
- Student must be a member of the North Alabama Chapter of PRCA (May pay annual membership fee of $25 at time of application. Does not cover local university chapter fee, if applicable).
- Student must submit a one-page, double-spaced essay along with application answering the following: “What are your Communications/PR career goals and reasons for choosing the Communications/PR profession.” Submit essay as attachment in the online application.
- Student must have at least a 3.0 (on a 4.0 grade scale) or a 2.0 (on a 3.0 grade scale) grade point average. Please include a copy of your transcript (official or unofficial.)
- Student must submit letter of recommendation from university department representative (i.e. instructor/professor, adviser, department chair).
- Student must provide enrollment status documentation – either full time or part time.
Criteria: The award selection will be based on the following criteria: grade point average (GPA); extracurricular activities (with favor given to communications-related activities); recommendation; essay.
Deadline/ Award: All applications must be submitted electronically by March 31, 2018. Incomplete applications will not be considered. A recipient will be chosen and contacted by late April, and the award will be presented at the May NAPRCA Chapter meeting. The scholarship may be used for tuition and fees for the Fall 2018 or Spring 2019 Semester.
Questions? Contact Whitney Schmitt, NAPRCA Student Chapter Liaison at 256-345-0380 or firstname.lastname@example.org