The North Alabama chapter of the Public Relations Council of Alabama (NAPRCA) is planning to return to in-person monthly programs. As COVID-19 Omicron spread continues to be a concern, the Board of Directors is taking practical steps to provide as safe an environment as possible for attendees. The following precautions incorporate CDC guidance, current Redstone Federal Credit Union (the Atrium) policies and other best practices for public gatherings.
Program Registration and Capacity
- NAPRCA is requiring online registration and pre-payment to reduce physical contact and queue length at the registration table.
- NAPRCA programs are scheduled to take place in the Patriot meeting room at the Atrium facility. This room typically has a standard occupancy of 70 people. The Atrium currently limits this room’s occupancy to 48 people and 4 people seated per table.
- Temperature checks may be administered to all attendees. Guests with a temperature reading of 100.4 degrees or higher will be asked to not attend the luncheon and will be offered a refund for the cost of the registration. Note, refunds are not intended for no-show attendees, but only for those unable to pass a temperature reading.
- Attendees will be asked to check a box on the sign-in form to verify they are not currently experiencing symptoms and have not knowingly been exposed to COVID-19 within the five (5) days prior to the event. Guests are advised to stay home if they have tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting for COVID-19 test results, have COVID-19 symptoms, or if they have had close contact with a person who has tested positive for or who has symptoms of COVID-19.
- Attendees will be asked to sanitize hands prior to completing event sign-in.
- Attendees will be asked to place a sticker on their name tags indicating what level of physical contact they are comfortable with during the meeting.
- Red will indicate no physical contact is welcome.
- Yellow will indicate limited physical contact is welcome (such as an elbow bump).
- Green will indicate appropriate, normal physical contact is welcome.
Meeting Room Safety Measures
- The Atrium is not requiring masks to be worn at this time; however, NAPRCA strongly encourages attendees to wear masks for the duration of the program, except when eating or drinking at a table. While guests are welcome to bring their own masks, NAPRCA will make surgical masks available to all attendees. For full CDC recommendations on mask fit and filtration, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/types-of-masks.html
- The Atrium makes hand sanitizer available throughout the facility and in each meeting room.
- To reduce contact in the buffet line, lunch will be served to attendees in the line rather than self-served.
The Alabama Department of Public Safety created visual guides to reflect the CDC’s most recent recommendations. You can review those documents at this link: https://www.alabamapublichealth.gov/covid19/assets/cov-iq-flowchart.pdf