Networking is one of the most commonly identified benefits of NAPRCA membership. The chapter provides networking in a familiar monthly luncheon format, but that’s not the only way to get better connected with other chapter members! Committee participation provides channels to use your skills, build your resume and work closely with Board and chapter members.
Below is a synopsis of available committee opportunities. If one or more of these “sparks joy”, please contact NAPRCA by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or a Facebook message (@naprca) to be put in touch with the appropriate Board member.
- Communications: Assist the VP of Communications with day-to-day communications for the chapter, to include social media posts, email newsletters, writing website posts, updating the website, graphic design, and taking photos at events.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Assist the DEI committee chair with efforts to guide the chapter’s policies and programs towards a more diverse and inclusive end. This includes planning bi-monthly DEI speakers to give a brief presentation at monthly luncheons. The committee has also discussed wanting to form relationships with local colleges and universities who do not currently have student chapters, but might be interested in doing so.
- PRo Bono Project: Serve on a committee with student and professional members working towards the common goal of providing a deserving North Alabama nonprofit with free marketing and communications assistance. Nonprofits apply for this in the spring and the committee’s work usually begins around May/June once a nonprofit is selected by the Board. Work is presented to the nonprofit at the end of the year.
- Membership: Assist the VP of Membership with engaging current and new members, with developing communications to promote membership benefits, with managing email distribution lists, with meeting and greeting attendees at monthly luncheons and help them connect with our chapter.
- Professional Development: Assist the VP of Professional Development with planning chapter conferences (NAVIGATE nonprofit conference with the HSV Community Foundation, and the BIG Marketing and PR Event with the Catalyst Center for Business and Entrepreneurship). This would include helping secure speakers and plan presentation topics, helping coordinate logistics (registration, conference dates, speaker materials), helping plan communications, attending and representing NAPRCA at events.