The Michael K. Simmons Scholarship is awarded annually to a deserving, North Alabama-based student pursuing a degree in public relations, communication, journalism, marketing, or other related field.
Award: A $2,000 tuition scholarship
Eligibility: Any NAPRCA student member attending a college or university in North Alabama pursuing an undergraduate degree in public relations or public relations-related fields of study such as public communications, marketing, mass communications, or journalism who meets the eligibility requirements.
Not currently a NAPRCA student member? Apply today!
- Student must currently be enrolled in good standing with at least one completed semester of coursework.
- Student must be enrolled or planning to enroll in the Spring 2023 semester.
- Student must be enrolled in a communications-related field of study (see above).
- Student must be a member of the North Alabama Chapter of PRCA (May pay annual membership fee of $25 at time of application. Does not cover local university chapter fee, if applicable).
- Student must submit a one-page, double-spaced essay along with application answering the following: “What are your Communications/PR career goals and reasons for choosing the Communications/PR profession.” Submit essay as attachment in the online application.
- Student must have at least a 3.0 (on a 4.0 grade scale) or a 2.0 (on a 3.0 grade scale) grade point average. Please include a copy of your transcript (official or unofficial).
- Student must submit one letter of recommendation from a university department representative (i.e. instructor/professor, adviser, department chair).
- Student must provide enrollment status documentation – either full time or part time.
Criteria: The award selection will be based on the following criteria: grade point average (GPA); extracurricular activities (with favor given to communications-related activities); recommendation; essay.
Deadline/Award: All applications must be submitted electronically by October 31, 2022. Incomplete applications will not be considered. A recipient will be chosen and contacted in November, and the award will be presented at the November 16th NAPRCA Chapter meeting. The scholarship may be used for tuition and fees for the Spring 2023.
Questions or issues? Contact Dawnette Chambers, VP of Students at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete and submit the form below to apply! You may either copy and paste your transcript, letter of recommendation and essay, or upload each of the files below.